*NEW* Graduation Bag Policy
FPC and MHS just recieved the following memo from the Ocean Center -- please read carefully about what items will be allowed and not allowed in the building. Please direct any questions to the Ocean Center Staff.
Principals and those invovled with graduation, We've been made aware of VOluisa Schools' new graduation bag policy they are rolling out for graduation season this year. It is similiar to bag policies found at almost every stadium and arena in the county and we feel is reasonable.
In hopes of keeping things consitent for the security staff with the Ocean Center, we will be mirroring that policy for our graduations. Please get the word out to our graduating seniors and their families as much as you can, since this is a late addition. This should include at your pre-graduation meetings, via social media, your website and automated phone calls.
As for the policy:
- Every ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag or a clutch purse.
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one-gallon clear “Ziploc”-style bag
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x6.5”, with or without a strap
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are allowed, as long as they are carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder so they can get through screening faster) or in an approved clear bag
- Small cameras, binoculars, and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag
Obviously, this added layer of security brings with it an additional amount of time to get our guests into the Ocean Center. We ask for everyone’s patience.