Welcome class of 2018! On this Webpage you will find information regarding important events that will take place during your Senior Year at Matanzas High School. Please be sure to check back to this page weekly as update and changes will be added. Also be sure to follow the Class of 2018 on Twitter @MHS_Class_18
Senior Information Page
Grad Bash Information: Grad Bash 2018 at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure will take place for the Seniors on April 27th, 2018. Early ticket sales for this event will take place in December at a discounted price with regular ticket price sales starting in January. There are a limited number of seats this year for this event so it will be a first come first serve basis. Early ticket price will be $90 with the regular ticket price at $100. The last day to buy your Grad Bash Ticket will be Friday, February 23rd, 2018. Don't hesitatte to buy you ticket before the time and seats run out.
Information for students who have purchase a ticket to attend the 2018 Grad Bash at Universal Orlando.
- Seniors attending the trip must be in all of their MHS Classes on the day of the trip (April 27th, 2018)
- Dress code for Universal Grad Bash must be SCHOOL APPROPRIATE (Will discuss this in detail during the meeting on TBD)
- Seniors will meet in the bus loop at 4:30pm. There will be a security check to check bags and belongings
- Seniors and Chaperones will enter the charter busses and leave campus by 5:00pm (with arrival to the park being around 6:30pm)
- Seniors may only bring SEALED drinks and snacks on the bus.
- Grad Bash begins at 7:00pm. The parks closes at 2:00am; the bus will pull out of the lot at 2:30am.
- Please make sure you have a ride waiting for you in the MHS Senior Parking Lot at 4:30am.
- Your ticket into the event is admission only. Students will need money for meals, drinks and souvenirs.
Graduation Cap/Gown/Announcement Presentation Information: Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 Jostens will be on campus in the Pirate Theater for the Senior Class Premier Presentation. During this presentation Jostens will be presenting the seniors with the package options for cap and gowns along with graduation announcements. The meeting starts at 8:15am and end around 9:15am. Please plan around your Daytona State College classes to try and attend this presentation as this is the only time they will explain all the necessary purchases to participate in May's Graduation ceremony.
Senior Cap and Gown Orders - Attention Seniors, Rhodes Graduation - Jostens will be on campus the following days to take orders and payments for your Cap, Gown and Announcements. They will be located in the lower-spot out by the bus-loop area. Please be sure to bring cash, check or credit card to start the payment process for your Cap & Gown (Remeber deposit is $60 if your total is over that amount).
- Monday, October 16th (Compelted)
- Tuesday, October 17th
- Tuesday, October 24th
- Tuesday, November 7th (Final Day to Order on Campus)
Senior Class Google Form - COMPLETED Seniors, please fill out the Google from to help choose the following for the Class of 2018: Class Song, Class Flower, Class Motto and Class T-Shirt. Click Here for the Google Form to vote for your class information. - COMPLETED
Senior Road Picture - On Saturday, October 14th, Cady Studios will be on Campus for the on-site photo shoot. Please be sure to make an appointment by visiting the Cady Studios website before October 14th. The photo shoot will take place in the Matanzas High School Chorus room. If you made an appointment please be sure to show up at least 15-minutes before your appointment to ensure they have all the information needed to complete the photo shoot.
Junior / Senior Prom: Matanzas High School Prom will take place on May 4th, 2018 at the Daytona International Speedway's 500 Club. Please check back here for more information when the time comes closer to the event.
Senior of the Month Application: Matanzas High School Seniors who are interested in apply for the "Senior of the Month" Award please download the application (Click Here) and turn it into Ms. Drumm in the main office upon completion. Only one application is needed for the entire school year, so please turn them in as soon as possible.
Senior Meeting: The next Senior Meeting will take place TBD. Please check back here for more updatdes
Senior Awards Night: Senior Awards will take place on May 16th, 2018 in the Pirate Theater at 6:30pm. After the ceremony there will be refreshments in the lobby of the theater. During this ceremony seniors will receive awards from their teachers for excellence in the classroom, honor medals and the announcing the Class of 2018 Hall of Fame.
Senior Panoramic Picture: (CHANGE IN DATE) The annual senior Panoramic Picture will be held on the Thursday, January 11th from 12:30pm until 1:20pm. If you are a full time DSC student please notify your professor of this event and see if they will allow you to leave early or come a little late to class that day. Mark your calendars and arrive to school that day no later than 12:15pm.
Baccalaureate Night: A multi-denominational blessing of the Senior Class at Santa Maria Del Mar Church in Flagler Beach. The service starts at 7:00pm with desserts to follow outside the church. The date for this event is May 23rd, 2018 starting at 7:00pm. Seniors are to wear their Cap and Gown, as well as any awards (medallions and cords) they earned to this event. Please dress accordingly as this event takes place at a Church. We ask that seniors start arriving at Santa Maria Del Mar Church at 6:30pm to starting lining them up for the procession into the church.
Graduation Practice: Graduation practice will take place in the Matanzas High School Gymnasium on May 24th, 2017 at 9:00am until 11:00am.
THIS EVENT IS MANDATORY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY ON MAY 29th
Walk the Halls (Belle Terre Elementary School): On May 24th, 2017 at 11:45am, Seniors will have the opportunity to walk the halls of Belle Terre Elementary School where they will be welcomed and cheered for by students (Kindergarten through 6th grade) and their old teachers they had. This event is optional for the seniors to attend. Seniors are to wear their Cap and Gown, as well as any awards (medallions and cords) they earned to this event. Seniors will drive their own cars over and park in the Bus-Loop (located on the North Side of the school). We encourage all seniors to attend this event becasue it is a great experience for the sneiors and the elementary school students as well.
Graduation: Graduation for the Senior Class of 2018 will be held on May 29th, 2018 at 3:00pm at the Daytona Beach Ocean Center with procession starting at 2:45pm. Seniors need to arrive at the Ocean Center on May 29th no later than 2:15 to ensure everyone is in their seat and we can go over any last minute details regarding the ceremony.
- Tickets: Seniors will receive 10 tickets on the day in which they pick up their Cap & Gown (around April / May). Additional tickets will be available based on the amount of people the Ocean Center allows us to have in attendance for the ceremony.
- Tickets Price: Tickets are FREE....there will be an option to pick up additional tickets from the school. If you plan on attending graduation, you must have a ticket to enter the Ocean Center on the day of Graduation.
- Parking Passes: Graduation Parking Passes are $5 per car and are required for all lots surrounding the Ocean Center.
- Parking Locations for Graduation: Matanzas High School graduates and families will be asked to park in the Parking Garage (Between Ora and Earl streets) and West Lots (directly behind the OC). The South Parking Lot (between Auditorium, Hollywood and Wild Olive) will be reserved for the early arrivals for the FPC Graduation. Map of Ocean Center parking below.
- Driving Directions: The intersection of A1A and Earl Street (corner by the parking garage and water park) will be CLOSED. DO NOT try to drive A1A south from Flagler County towards the Ocean Center. The best route to the Ocean Center is International Drive towards A1A and then North to the Ocean Center using either A1A, Wild Olive, Oleander, Peninsula, or Halifax. Directions to Ocean Center Click Here
Yearbook Information: The last day to take Senior pictures for the yearbook is . Please call Cady Studios at 800.547.6237, or schedule an appointment online at Cadystudios.com. Cady Studios will not be back on campus to take senior pictures, please schedule your appointment before to make sure your picture makes it into the yearbook.
Yearbooks are on sale now, purchase yours today. The cost is $60 until ,www.yearbookordercenter.com or bring cash or checks to Mrs. Graifer in Room 1-202.