Welcome Class of 2019! On this Webpage you will find information regarding important events that will take place during your Senior Year at Matanzas High School. Please be sure to check back to this page weekly as update and changes will be added. Also be sure to follow the Class of 2019 on Twitter @Pirate_Seniors
Senior Information Page
Grad Bash Information: Grad Bash 2019 at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure will take place for the Seniors on April 12th, 2019. Early ticket sales for this event will take place in December at a discounted price with regular ticket price sales starting in January. There are a limited number of seats this year for this event so it will be a first come first serve basis. More information regarding this trip to come. Please check back
Information for students who have purchase a ticket to attend the 2019 Grad Bash at Universal Orlando.
- Seniors attending the trip must be in all of their MHS Classes on the day of the trip (April 12th, 2019)
- Dress code for Universal Grad Bash must be SCHOOL APPROPRIATE (Will discuss this in detail during the meeting on TBD)
- Seniors will meet in the bus loop at 4:30pm. There will be a security check to check bags and belongings
- Seniors and Chaperones will enter the charter busses and leave campus by 5:00pm (with arrival to the park being around 6:30pm)
- Seniors may only bring SEALED drinks and snacks on the bus.
- Grad Bash begins at 7:00pm. The parks closes at 2:00am; the bus will pull out of the lot at 2:30am.
- Please make sure you have a ride waiting for you in the MHS Senior Parking Lot at 4:30am.
- Your ticket into the event is admission only. Students will need money for meals, drinks and souvenirs.
Graduation Cap/Gown/Announcement Presentation Information: More infromation to come......... Jostens will be on campus in the Pirate Theater for the Senior Class Premier Presentation. During this presentation Jostens will be presenting the seniors with the package options for cap and gowns along with graduation announcements. The meeting starts at 8:15am and end around 9:15am. Please plan around your Daytona State College classes to try and attend this presentation as this is the only time they will explain all the necessary purchases to participate in May's Graduation ceremony.
Senior Cap and Gown Orders - Attention Seniors, Rhodes Graduation - Jostens will be on campus the following days to take orders and payments for your Cap, Gown and Announcements. They will be located in the lower-spot out by the bus-loop area. Please be sure to bring cash, check or credit card to start the payment process for your Cap & Gown (Remeber deposit is $60 if your total is over that amount).
Senior Cap / Gown / Ticket Distribution - The dates for Cap / Gown & Ticket Distribution are as followed:
- - 1st delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets).
- - 2nd delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets - for those who have not picked up their cap and gown).
- - Final delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets - for those who have not picked up their cap and gown).
- - 1st day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
- - 2nd day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
- - Final day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
Senior Class Google Form - Seniors, please fill out the Google from to help choose the following for the Class of 2019: Class Song, Class Flower, Class Motto and Class T-Shirt. Please click the link below to vote for the Class of 2019
Senior Road Picture: More infromation to come.........
Junior / Senior Prom: More infromation to come.........
Senior of the Month Application: Matanzas High School Seniors who are interested in apply for the "Senior of the Month" Award please compelte the application (Click Here) via Google From. If you have any questions please email Coach Roe.
Senior Meeting: More infromation to come.........
Senior Scholarship Portal Information: The Scholarship Portal is now open for applicaitons. Please visit the website flaglerschools.awardspring.com to start the applicatoon process. If you need help with this process please look at the Award Spring Applcaiton Guide or contact the guidance department or Coach Roe for assistance.
Senior FCEA Scholarship Information - The Flagler County Educators’ Association extends the opportunity for a scholarship to a deserving child of any current FCEA members. Please fill out the applicaiton (Click Here) and turn them into your Guidance Department.
Senior Awards Night: More infromation to come.........
Senior Panoramic Picture: More infromation to come.........
Baccalaureate Night: More infromation to come.........
Graduation Practice: Graduation practice will take place in the Matanzas High School Gymnasium Date and Time to be determined.......
THIS EVENT IS MANDATORY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY ON MAY 29th
Walk the Halls (Belle Terre Elementary School) - Date to be determined, Seniors will have the opportunity to walk the halls of Belle Terre Elementary School where they will be welcomed and cheered for by students (Kindergarten through 6th grade) and their old teachers they had. This event is optional for the seniors to attend. Seniors are to wear their Cap and Gown, as well as any awards (medallions and cords) they earned to this event. Seniors will drive their own cars over and park in the Bus-Loop (located on the North Side of the school). We encourage all seniors to attend this event becasue it is a great experience for the sneiors and the elementary school students as well.
Graduation: Graduation for the Senior Class of 2019 date and time to be determined at the Daytona Beach Ocean Center.
- Tickets: Seniors will receive 10 tickets on the day in which they pick up their Cap & Gown (around April / May). Additional tickets will be available based on the amount of people the Ocean Center allows us to have in attendance for the ceremony.
- Tickets Price: Tickets are FREE....there will be an option to pick up additional tickets from the school. If you plan on attending graduation, you must have a ticket to enter the Ocean Center on the day of Graduation.
- Parking Passes: Graduation Parking Passes are $5 per car and are required for all lots surrounding the Ocean Center.
- Parking Locations for Graduation: Matanzas High School graduates and families will be asked to park in the Parking Garage (Between Ora and Earl streets) and West Lots (directly behind the OC). The South Parking Lot (between Auditorium, Hollywood and Wild Olive) will be reserved for the early arrivals for the FPC Graduation. Map of Ocean Center parking below.
- Driving Directions: The intersection of A1A and Earl Street (corner by the parking garage and water park) will be CLOSED. DO NOT try to drive A1A south from Flagler County towards the Ocean Center. The best route to the Ocean Center is International Drive towards A1A and then North to the Ocean Center using either A1A, Wild Olive, Oleander, Peninsula, or Halifax. Directions to Ocean Center Click Here
Yearbook Information: More infromation to come.........