Welcome Class of 2019! On this Webpage you will find information regarding important events that will take place during your Senior Year at Matanzas High School. Please be sure to check back to this page weekly as update and changes will be added. Also be sure to follow the Class of 2019 on Twitter @Pirate_Seniors
Senior Information Page
Grad Bash Information: Grad Bash 2019 at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure will take place for the Seniors on April 12th, 2019. Early ticket sales for this event will take place in December at a discounted price with regular ticket price sales starting in January. There are a limited number of seats this year for this event so it will be a first come first serve basis. Permission Slips can be found in Coach Roe's Office or by clicking here.
*Early ticket sales will start on December 3rd for $90 with that price lasting only until December 21st. Ticket prices after the holiday break will be $100 until February 28th. We only have 150 seats for this event so get your tickets early*
Information for students who have purchase a ticket to attend the 2019 Grad Bash at Universal Orlando.
- Seniors attending the trip must be in all of their MHS Classes on the day of the trip (April 12th, 2019)
- Dress code for Universal Grad Bash must be SCHOOL APPROPRIATE (Will discuss this in detail during the meeting on April 8th at 2:00pm.)
- Seniors will meet in the bus loop at 4:30pm. There will be a security check to check bags and belongings
- Seniors and Chaperones will enter the charter busses and leave campus by 5:00pm (with arrival to the park being around 6:30pm)
- Seniors may only bring SEALED drinks and snacks on the bus.
- Grad Bash begins at 7:00pm. The parks closes at 2:00am; the bus will pull out of the lot at 2:30am.
- Please make sure you have a ride waiting for you in the MHS Senior Parking Lot at 4:30am.
- Your ticket into the event is admission only. Students will need money for meals, drinks and souvenirs.
Senior Class Quotes - Seniors, please submit your quotes no later than January 17th! Please sure the following link to complete the Senior Quote.
Medallion of Excellence Application - To be eligible for a 2018-2019 Medallion of Excellence Award, the student should be a high-achieving, community-minded, Volusia or Flagler County high school senior in a public or private school with 25 or more students in the 2019 graduating class. All applicants must be approved by their Principal and/or Guidance Counselor. Selected applicants will be invited to attend the 2019 Banquet and notified the week of February 25, 2019.
Graduation Cap/Gown/Announcement Presentation Information: October 9th, 2018, Jostens will be on campus in the Pirate Theater for the Senior Class Premier Presentation. During this presentation Jostens will be presenting the seniors with the package options for cap and gowns along with graduation announcements. The meeting starts at 8:00am and end around 8:45am. Please plan around your Daytona State College classes to try and attend this presentation as this is the only time they will explain all the necessary purchases to participate in May's Graduation ceremony.
Senior Cap and Gown Orders - Attention Seniors, Rhodes Graduation - Jostens will be on campus the following days to take orders and payments for your Cap, Gown and Announcements. They will be located in the lower-spot out by the bus-loop area. Please be sure to bring cash, check or credit card to start the payment process for your Cap & Gown (Remeber deposit is $60 if your total is over that amount).
- Day 1: Tuesday, October 16th, 2018: 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, October 30th, 2018: 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Day 3: Wednesday, November 14th, 2018: 10:30am - 12:30pm
*SENIOR IF YOU HAVE NOT ORDERED YOUR CAP & GOWN PLEASE GO TO RHODES GRADUATION WEBSITE TO PLACE YOUR ONLINE ORDER*
Senior Cap / Gown / Ticket Distribution - The dates for Cap / Gown & Ticket Distribution are as followed:
- April 2nd: 10:45am - 12:30pm - 1st delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets).
- April 9th: 10:45am - 12:30pm - 2nd delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets - for those who have not picked up their cap and gown).
- April 23rd : 10:45am - 12:30pm - Final delivery day of Cap and Gowns (students receive 1st set of 10-tickets - for those who have not picked up their cap and gown).
- If Senior have not picked up their cap and gown on the above dats and have fully paid for them - they can pick them up in Coach Roe's Office 6242
- May 2nd - 1st day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
- May 8th - 2nd day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
- May 13th - Final day of Extra Ticket Distribution (senior can receive 5-additional tickets after school in Coach Roe's Office from 2:30 until 3:30pm).
- If all the tickets are distributed by the 2nd Extra Ticket Day, then we will not have the final Extra Ticket Distributuon Day.
Senior Class Google Form - THANK YOU FOR VOTING AND ENJOY YOUR SENIOR YEAR!
Senior Road Picture: Cady Studios will no longer be offering a Road Shoot for the Senior Class of 2019. If you need to still have your pictures taken for the yearbook please visit CadyStudios.com to book you senior photoshoot session. If you have any questions please call Cady Studios at 800-547-6237.
Junior / Senior Prom: The 2019 Junior / Senior Prom will take place on April 26th, 2019 at the Daytona Beach International Speedway 500 Club (located in the middle of the Speedway). The theme of the prom has not yet been determined along wtih the cost of the tickets. Please check back for later for more information.
Senior of the Month Application: Matanzas High School Seniors who are interested in apply for the "Senior of the Month" Award please compelte the application (Click Here) via Google From. If you have any questions please email Coach Roe.
Senior Meeting: The next Senior Class meeting will be on January 16th at 9:30am in the Pirate Theter to discuss the Cap and Gown pick up dates, ticket distribution, GPA, credits and other important information for the final semester for the Senior Class of 2019. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please stop by Coach Roe's office to get this important information.
Senior Scholarship Portal Information: The Scholarship Portal is now open for applicaitons. Please visit the website flaglerschools.awardspring.com to start the applicatoon process. If you need help with this process please look at the Award Spring Applcaiton Guide or contact the guidance department or Coach Roe for assistance.
Senior Scholarship Opportunity - The Johnson Scholarship Foundation is offering scholarship aid to two different groups of students. Please Click Here for more information.
Senior Awards Night: The annual Matanzas High School Senior Class Awards Night will take place On Wednesday, May 15th at 6:00pm in the Pirate Theater. This event we will recognize the senior class of 2019 for outstanding performance in multiple courses they have taken here at Matanzas High School. During this time Seniors will also receive their honors awards (Weights GPA Medals), cords for clubs and also the Pirate Wall of Fame winners (Applications for the Wall of Fame Click Here).
Refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the ceremony in the lobby of the Pirate Theater.
Senior Panoramic Picture: The Senior Class of 2019 Panoramic Picture will take place on Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 at 1:00pm in the Pirate Gym. Senior please report to the gym at 12:50 in order to get this picutre completed in a timely manner.
Baccalaureate Night: The Senior Class of 2019 Baccalaureate Night will take place on Wednesday, May 22nd at 7:00pm at the Santa Maria del Mar Catholic Church at Flagler Beach located at 915 North Central Ave. in Flagler Beach. Senior please arrive at the church no later than 6:30pm in order to get in line for the event.
Graduation Practice: Graduation practice will take place in the Matanzas High School Gymnasium on May 28th, 2109 starting at 9:00am in the Pirate Gym. Please be sure to show up before 9:00am so we can start on time.
THIS EVENT IS MANDATORY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY ON MAY 30th
Walk the Halls (Belle Terre Elementary School) - Will be held on May 28th, 2019 at 11:00pm, Seniors will have the opportunity to walk the halls of Belle Terre Elementary School where they will be welcomed and cheered for by students (Kindergarten through 6th grade) and their old teachers they had.
This event is optional for the seniors to attend. Seniors are to wear their Cap and Gown, as well as any awards (medallions and cords) they earned to this event. Seniors will drive their own cars over and park in the Bus-Loop (located on the North Side of the school). We encourage all seniors to attend this event becasue it is a great experience for the sneiors and the elementary school students as well.
Graduation: Graduation for the Senior Class of 2019 will be on May 30th, 2019 at 4:00pm at the Daytona Beach Ocean Center. Procession for Graduaiton will begin at 3:45pm. Please make sure that the seniors are at the Ocean Center no later than 2:15pm, as we would like to make sure that everyone is prepare for this wonderful event.
- Tickets: Seniors will receive 10 tickets on the day in which they pick up their Cap & Gown (around April / May). Additional tickets will be available based on the amount of people the Ocean Center allows us to have in attendance for the ceremony.
- Tickets Price: Tickets are FREE....there will be an option to pick up additional tickets from the school. If you plan on attending graduation, you must have a ticket to enter the Ocean Center on the day of Graduation.
- Parking Passes: Graduation Parking Passes are $5 per car and are required for all lots surrounding the Ocean Center. The passes will be sold at Matanzas High School during the time of Cap and Gown Distribution.
- Parking Locations for Graduation: Matanzas High School graduates and families will be asked to park in the Parking Garage (Between Ora and Earl streets) and West Lots (directly behind the OC). The South Parking Lot (between Auditorium, Hollywood and Wild Olive) will be reserved for the early arrivals for the FPC Graduation. Map of Ocean Center parking below.
- Driving Directions: The intersection of A1A and Earl Street (corner by the parking garage and water park) will be CLOSED. DO NOT try to drive A1A south from Flagler County towards the Ocean Center. The best route to the Ocean Center is International Drive towards A1A and then North to the Ocean Center using either A1A, Wild Olive, Oleander, Peninsula, or Halifax. Directions to Ocean Center Click Here